Saturday, April 3, 2021

Here's to the Fools Who Dream and Hearts that Ache

Hey. 

It's been a grieving period for me. 

I know it's been months. And when I tried to post something on WordPress, this is what happened out of completely nowhere: 

This is why I've turned off Wordpress for good and I'm now going back to Blogger where I belong. 

Few reasons why: #1- Blogging for writers should be done with a computer only. You should NEVER write a blog with your phone or you will waste way too much time and hurt your eyes in doing so. It's much easier doing it with a big screen and an actual keyboard. #2- Nostalgia, people like me who prefer classic notebooks like Moleskines or even writing books you get at the Dollar Store, even those composition books, are much better than typing. Typing with an old school typewriter is super classy, but also expensive since typewriters are rare and hard to repair and clean. That said, it would be best for 21st century technology's sake that we write on laptops and desktop computers to fit in with the other people without looking weird. We prefer that a phone be used for only TWO (2) things: making phone calls, and using GPS satellites to find the closest location of a library or a book party. And that's it! 

And finally, #3- I. Hate. Hate. HATE. SMARTPHONES! I think reading a long blog or writing one is just plain DUMB. It's just as dumb as reading a book on a teeny tiny phone that is in no way the size of a Kindle tablet or an iPad! Don't you actually miss the smell of the paper and the texture of a paperback book, or even better, the smooth leather binding of a classic author hardcover book, like that of Gulliver's Travels

I do. My boyfriend also likes that about me, and books. He loves holding a book in his hand rather than using a machine to read one of those. It's certainly better than dating women on a dating site, and he's glad he met me, enough to throw machines away. 

Too many things changed over the years, and that includes Blogger too. You're actually not allowed to log in to Blogger unless you're signed up to Google. 

And this used to be my original Blogger account when I was in college in 2008, under the profile name Rachel: https://www.blogger.com/profile/03730834518872200545 

And these are the blogs that went with that profile too, if you remember back to 2010: 

Rock the Presses (rock music journalism) 

The Little Voice (opinion) 

This American Campus (college life quirky journalism, personal interest stories, like NPR's This American Life with Ira Glass) 

And finally, Baltimore Vinyl Magazine, which was my first attempt at starting my own local rock band music magazine in Maryland, but it failed tremendously. :( 

I wrote all of those from the comfort of my college, Towson University, my first years as a transfer student, around the time I met my best friend, my ride-or-die girl-friend forever, Kerensa Hayes, who recently moved to Oregon, being displaced by the wretched disease plague. She's now into her newfound hobby of making funny plague doctor costumes for herself after watching some plague doctor TikTok videos for laughs and finding a new obsession of MadTV's cartoon, Spy vs Spy. 

By the way, her costume-cosplay expertise is growing tremendously. She's getting GOOD at making these incredible elaborate steampunk costumes. Totally rocks. 

Then again, I feel like Ted Mosby in How I Met Your Mother when he mixes karaoke with drinking too much Bourbon. 

See what I mean? I can't even beatbox to save my life either, I'd be horrible at it too, like the kids in that movie The Griffin, which I saw once in Spanish class in high school. 

But what really sucks even more is I can't even import everything from the other WordPress blogs like Loveism Weekly and so on from their websites, I'd either have to copy and paste everything or import from my Word documents. Without the formatting I tend to do with WordPress, including putting in the photos and videos that I didn't used to do with Blogger. Now that I see that Blogger has upgraded to the Google package, everything looks a little cleaner and simpler, and you can still post with videos and pictures, etc. Still, I basically have to do everything by hand. 

With that in mind, let's get back to work and back to business. 

Coming up in a matter of hours is my announcement for Camp NaNoWriMo that I am doing this year, including my two new projects that I'm doing in April simultaneously. Yes, that's right, it's a two-fer month for NaNo! I'm writing two projects for the price of one this month! 

And then, much as it pains me to say it, there's this guy again. Why oh why is he living rent free in my head??? 


 
"Wha's yo name!" "ALEXANDER HAMILTON! ALEXANDER HAMILTON! ALEXANDER HAMILTOOOOOON!" 

THE NOISE NOISE NOISE NOISE! MAKE IT STOP! SET ME FREEEEEEE! 

I'm in paaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiin... 

Yeah, I'll go into that later. But in case any of you are wondering why I'm posting about Hamilton and Lin Miranda again, there is a very good reason, It's actually very therapeutic, there is a reason that intertwines with ASMR because of Lin-Manuel's soothing voice, the soundtracks of La La Land and The Greatest Showman, ok, Waitress too, and bringing it all together because of these words I'm going to say right this instant that is probably going to make me regret it the rest of my life... 

I think Hamilton the Broadway Musical by Lin-Manuel Miranda is actually helping me through the grieving process for my father's death on New Year's Eve in December, 2020. 

Shocking. Wow. 

I will post again, hopefully before the Easter holiday so I can rest and eat breakfast for dinner with my sweet man. 

Did I mention that because I mentioned my love for War of 1812 stuff, pirates, Jane Austen, and bringing up the true history of the Revolutionary War and Hamilton's biography, my amazing and handsome boyfriend Alexander is now interested in learning about the American Revolution? I did mention Alexander is a lover of all things history, especially war history, right??? 

Ehhhh boy. 

Right this way, mi-dahhhlins... I am keeping the same name as before, Lady in the Blue Box, to keep all of my writings intact. The only change is my domain name, which will be on blogspot.com. 

Welcome back again!!!! I love you! 

-The Lady in the Blue Box 

Playlist selection- a message to my younger self, warning her of what's to come. It's also my favorite Lily Allen song. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

An update on Pink and White Nightmare: Save Gallifrey essay pt 2

Or...  "The Dream of a Better Tomorrow"  Copyright 2024 Lady in the Blue Box Publishing by Rachel Beth Ahrens. All Rights Reserved...