Saturday, October 16, 2021

Deep Dive at 3 in the morning- another one for Midnight Mania

It started with a phone call. 

I had been procrastinating too much over the past few months in not posting anything on Blogger or Patreon. Costumes too. I was tired. Emotionally exhausted for some reason. Didn't know how much longer I could take of disasters. 

Today, Cinderella is sick again. We don't know what's wrong with our poor baby puppy. We hope she feels better soon after she gets home from the vet. She is 13 years old and has been having some stomach issues lately. We've taken good care of her lately. 

The phone call I took from Alexander, my sweet amazing boyfriend, the phone instead gave me a notice, saying, "Hello! Your phone is obsolete! Because of the merger that Sprint had with T Mobile... Assurance Wireless is merging into T Mobile now! If you don't replace your phone Now- WE WILL TURN OFF YOUR SERVICE AT THE END OF DECEMBER 2021! Thank you, your call will now be connected!" 

I spoke to them, I complained way too much, then I caved and asked them if I could get a smartphone, after Alexander did some convincing on how to properly use a smartphone, giving me "Smartphones 101" classes, because honestly, I DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT SMARTPHONES AND I HATE THEM... 

But then I finally told Assurance Wireless, go ahead and sign me up for one. 

After waiting a week, it came pretty fast, and unfortunately- They sent me a flip phone. I was going backwards. Was I a joke to them??? 

My mom kept saying to me, "Rachel, if you had been NICE to them, they probably would have given you what you wanted..." 

I'm not exactly sure what Alexander thinks of this, though. 

Last week, I got new glasses from America's Best, then did an impromptu photoshoot with my inner child, so to speak. 

You know how some people have their inner child stuck inside somewhere and nobody wants their inner child to come out of their shell as you are being taught the class, "Adulting 101"? Well, I kicked my inner child out a long time ago and now she follows me around being childish and stupid, chewing bubblegum and blowing bubbles in my face. Like this- 

The glasses did eventually get altered so that they could sit on my face a little better without the arms of the frames bending outward, and the woman behind the desk even cleaned the lenses a little more for me- for free. I think I'll be going back to America's Best more often from now on... 

And I've also decided on my upcoming Halloween costume a couple of weeks ago, and it is nearly finished: 


It comes with a tiara. 

That's right. My next venture is to be a witch-princess-fairy mashup/ combination costume. 

Hey, why not??? 

I've even ordered some business cards to hand out to people, if all goes well. Then again, it took a few weeks for the business cards to be delivered, and I have absolutely no idea if I got them, because USPS says they're delivered, but I have no clue if my mom has checked the mail yet. They were delivered today, Saturday the 16th. 

Oh my god, the 16th. October 16th. Now that it's after 1 a.m. on the 17th, even though it still feels like Saturday, I forgot that today is the book birthday of G'morning, Gnight! by Lin-Manuel Miranda. 

And it gets me thinking about my Eliza Hamilton gown, which is still in the works at present.... 

I think I might be losing my mind about this, but last weekend when I spent two nights in Historic Downtown Havre De Grace, Maryland, I found something very similar to the stories told of George Washington and Alexander Hamilton during the Revolution, including the aftermath of Hamilton's death: The War of 1812, a very prominent time period in Maryland's history: 






These are ALL historical landmarks. From the Decoy Museum, which Alexander said was useless, to the lighthouse on the harbor, which has authentic history dating back to the High Regency Era of the 1820s. 

The Hamilton fan in me is probably squealing at this point: "OH MY GAAAAAAAH!!!!" 

Here we go again. There's going to be another Hamilton post... Rrrrrrrrrrrrrr. 

And during my pointless Google searches on the internet, perusing whatever, I found this: 


My thoughts: "Seriously?!?!?!?!!!" And the woman from the Anastasia Musical doesn't cut it and is only second rate? Come on, Google. The man hates me. My poem "I Don't Send Letters to the Fame" was really overstepping boundaries, too personal, and I'm sure I'm a pathetic idiot for writing it and sending it. Come on. 

But a little Twitter conversation kept me up until 7 in the morning, all. Night. Long. 

And even better, Gail Carriger, one of my all time favorite steampunk authors... LIKED everything we tweeted that she was tagged in. Not Kidding. 

@RachelBeth99: (On the basis of crocheting amigurumi dolls and stuffed animals) Possibly... that might work. I'm learning to crochet a parasol from YouTube tutorials. Seems fairly easy enough, just have to find the right doily pattern and the right yarn and crochet hook for the right gauge. 

Friend- I love the word parasol! Does YouTube have any tutorials? Now I'm interested! 

@RachelBeth99: Not sure. Google it! That's what I did for parasols- I got the idea while reading a @gailcarriger novel to crochet a steampunk parasol that looked like it had EMP pulsars on it. It's for another project I have in mind- for adult cartoon Hazbin Hotel's Charlie Magne by Vivziepop. 

Friend- I love the creativity! Humans can make so many things if we really set our minds to it! 

@RachelBeth99: Alexander says the same, guess that's why I'm in love with him. But creativity makes me a little messed up, though. Three months after losing dad to cancer, I wrote my first ever fan letter, all in poetic format, to @Lin_Manuel, but I'm ashamed-  I think the letter was a mess. 

Friend- That's so special though that you trust them enough to confide those things to them! 

@RachelBeth99: Honestly, I've had this constant fear on my back, anxiety and agoraphobia related- that since 2019, I'm terrified of people like that. I used to be good natured at sci fi conventions, especially around Alan Tudyk and Kevin Sussman, but to cut it short- celebrities scare me. 

Friend- They can feel as if they were in a different world from us. I can see that. But artists all have the same soft spot- they love to know that their work has helped. 

@RachelBeth99: That might be true. Learned from a lot of the Twitterico fans that LMM has a huge soft spot. I had just been absent from tweeting about it because of Twitter being Twitter. I hate internet bullies. 

Second tweet of mine- I don't really know. I feel like I could have revised and rewritten the letter more? :/ I wrote it because I had never done that in 32 years of my whole life and I was nervous about it- but I wanted to thank him for G'morning, G'night and the Hamilton soundtrack- BOTH saved my life. 

Friend- I think any artist would love to get a letter saying how a piece of work by them helped! That's a great compliment! 

I think Ms. Carriger liked about three of my tweets in this conversation, of my friend's, she hit like on the LAST TWO, the really important ones that stuck out like a sore thumb as a message that said- 'Love. You." :) 

Holy- 

Ok, reevaluation time of King of Broadway series. 

Oh no, here we go again. 

And now that I've been working on this for days, and it's almost 2 a.m. again, I am going to finish off this long post with a big finish... 


Ok, inner child me, you win again. It's time to write the big stuff with the research I found on Havre De Grace and everything I saw. I have it all written down already. 

And now I bid you na night unto you all. 

I'm now going to sign off every single tweet on Twitter the same: 

EVERYONE DESERVES LOVE. Na night. 

Happy book birthday, Mr. Miranda! 

With love, 

The Nerd Queen and Austen Aficionado 

Playlist selection- 

I downloaded the new Adele song, "Easy On Me", the day it premiered a couple days ago, along with Lin-Manuel Miranda's song "Almost Like Praying" that he made to help Puerto Rico restore the island after the devastating Hurricane Maria, and along with Demi Lovato's new big hit "Melon Cake" after recently coming out to the public that they were nonbinary. 

Even though I practically have no money whatsoever to buy new music, I regret nothing! 

And here's some mood music, everybody: 





No comments:

Post a Comment

An update on Pink and White Nightmare: Save Gallifrey essay pt 2

Or...  "The Dream of a Better Tomorrow"  Copyright 2024 Lady in the Blue Box Publishing by Rachel Beth Ahrens. All Rights Reserved...